Since our founding in 1990, we have established a unique niche position in in vitro diagnostic testing with significant accomplishments in developing and commercializing products which address unmet areas of diagnostic testing. Over the years we have largely focused on hemostasis, autoimmune and vascular disease testing and as a result of this focus, Corgenix has become one of the foremost leaders in the diagnosis and measuring of various components of blood coagulation, and assessing risk of vascular occlusion and thrombotic risk factors.
While having developed and brought to the market numerous products, several of our accomplishments over the years stand out:
- In the early 1990’s we were the first company to receive FDA clearance for a test measuring anti-cardiolipin, and critical tests for assessing important vascular conditions like the anti-phospholipid syndrome. We then followed that with development of additional anti-phospholipid products and today have the most extensive line available.
- In the late 1990’s in collaboration with Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. we co-developed a test measuring levels of Hyaluronic Acid, an important non-invasive bio-marker for assessing fibrosis in certain hepatic diseases. Since then we have followed up with additional improvements in this area including the 2011 launch of an automated version, and today Corgenix is the world market leader for this test.
- Our first AspirinWorks product was cleared by the FDA in 2007. This product measures urinary 11-dehydrothromboxane B2, an important metabolite which assess the effect of aspirin on blood platelets. Currently over 80 million people in the US take daily aspirin to reduce the risk of having a heart attack, and this test is the only FDA cleared product that definitively determines that the aspirin is giving the desired results.
One of our real strengths is our ability to successfully manage strategic partnerships. For over twenty years we have provided contract services to others for product development, manufacturing, regulatory management, fulfillment and commercialization. Our partners have included large and small medical companies, universities, research institutions and government agencies. Many of these have resulted in next generation products which are sold under the Corgenix label such as the Chugai Hyaluronic Acid product noted above. Others such as our participation with Tulane University and the other members of the Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Consortium has resulted not only in development of unique diagnostic tests, but also technology advancement leading towards innovative vaccines and therapeutics. For additional information on our Contract Service capabilities please visit our Contract Services website at www.Corgenix.Net.
As we look forward to the future, we see Corgenix continuing to grow in size, in value and in degree of contribution to healthcare, driven from our strategic initiatives:
- We have other exciting products in the pipeline such as our AtherOx product intended to assess risk of cardiac disease.
- We are expanding our technology capability to open new market segments for our unique biomarkers.
- We are continuing to evolve from a reagent product company to a systems company.
- And we are continuing to add new strategic alliances that will open additional doors for growth in the future.
Corgenix is truly a unique medical company. For over twenty five years our unique products have advanced the quality of lives worldwide, and we remain focused on continuing this into the future.